Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kjg kjg is offline

Default How do I stop blank workbook from opening when opening an existing

Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one.
How do I make this go away? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It could be the, usually hidden, PERSONAL.XLS
Click a cell in that empty WorkBook and try to hide it via 'Window' 'Hide'
Micky

"kjg" wrote:

Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one.
How do I make this go away? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Append a /e to your command line for starting Excel

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" /e

To achieve this you would go into My ComputerToolsFolder OptionsFile
Types.

Scroll down to XLSX or whatever version you're using and select it.

AdvancedClick on "Open" and Edit.

Make sure the command line is as above depending upon version.

OK your way out.

You will probably achieve same thing by closing Excel and re-registering.

StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.

In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes
required)OK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP