Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default prevet users to view and modify MS query

When I use MS query as external data-source for MS Excel 2003, how can I
prevent users to view and modify MS query or to view connection string
(username and password) to queried database. I would like to allow users only
to refresh data (or enable automatic data refresh once file.xls is open. (I
tried to protect spreadsheet, but it disables data refresh as well).Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could use a macro to create the queryget the datadelete the
query name. Protect the macros.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel