Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default prevet users to view and modify MS query

why not provide the user a button to click. The button runs code to
unprotect the sheet, refresh the data, reprotect the sheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jirka" wrote:

When I use MS query as external data-source for MS Excel 2003, how can I
prevent users to view and modify MS query or to view connection string
(username and password) to queried database. I would like to allow users only
to refresh data (or enable automatic data refresh once file.xls is open. (I
tried to protect spreadsheet, but it disables data refresh as well).Thanks