Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Formula's

I have created a mileage log in Excel 2003. I have also added a dropdown box
where the user can select whether the mileage is used on a "personal" or
"business" basis.

i.e.
Odometer Reading
Select Purpose Start Finish Mileage
Personal 2500 3000 500
Business 3000 3250 250
Personal 3250 3255 5
Business 3255 3355 100

Total of Personal Mileage Used: 505 km
Total of Business Mileage Used: 350 km

I have two separate cells that say: " Total of Personal Mileage Used:" and
"Total of Business Mileage Used:" What I am looking for is to be able to
total all of these based on what has been selected "personal" or "business."
I am unsure how to do this and do not know the formulas well enough to
implement them.

If someone can offer suggestions, examples etc. it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jul 2, 3:56 pm, Tannis1005
[...]