Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User defined function

On Jun 26, 11:14*am, Dave Peterson wrote:
What's the name of the UDF?

What are the names of the modules and projects in your workbooks? *There's no
duplication, right?

Did you create a name (a range name???) using the same name as the UDF?

Did you enter the UDF correctly:
=personal.xls!myFunctionHere()
(did you include the name of the workbook in the function call?)

JohnPiercewrote:

A UDF that I created suddenly stopped working. I opened a wb that used
it and every occurrance had #NAME?. Further, it doesn't show up in the
Insert Function list anymore. I can see it in the MacroBook
(Personal.xls) in the same module as another function that still works
perfectly.

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks Dave, it turned out be duplication of the name, in a certain
form. My function is named
RTCExpirationDate and I thought it would be a good idea to name the
module that it's in in
Personal.xls the same thing. I found the problem when I looked for it
in the All category in the
Insert Function box and found Personal.xls!
RTCExpirationDate.RTCExpirationDate. I could
insert it and it works but it doesn't appear in the User Defined
Function list. I just went ahead
and changed the name of the module to keep things consistent.