Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Moving Information from AD to Excel Using VBScript

Hi there;

I am trying to run a script that will move account information, such as
Lastname, to an Excel Document.

I've never done anything with VBScript so I'm not sure how the whole thing
works.

I found a script that looks promising at:

http://www.visualbasicscript.com/m_29830/tm.htm

I tried going into Excel an going to ToolsMacroVisual Basic Editor; and
then double clicking on the sheet1 and pasting the script into there. When I
hit the play (or run) button I get a compilation error that highlights the
"Set" and says this is an "Inalid Outside Proceedure"

I'm kinda stuck and any help is appreciated.

Jreg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jreg,

You don't paste the VBScript code into an Excel worksheet. The script opens
an instance of Excel and writes to it. Here is more on VBScripts you might
want to read.

http://visualbasic.about.com/od/lear.../vbsadmin2.htm

Alan

"Jreg" wrote:

Hi there;

I am trying to run a script that will move account information, such as
Lastname, to an Excel Document.

I've never done anything with VBScript so I'm not sure how the whole thing
works.

I found a script that looks promising at:

http://www.visualbasicscript.com/m_29830/tm.htm

I tried going into Excel an going to ToolsMacroVisual Basic Editor; and
then double clicking on the sheet1 and pasting the script into there. When I
hit the play (or run) button I get a compilation error that highlights the
"Set" and says this is an "Inalid Outside Proceedure"

I'm kinda stuck and any help is appreciated.

Jreg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thnx I got it running properly.