Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using if formula on page 2 to post answer on page 1

Can I make it do this? If, on sheet 2, b6= the letters AC, take the name in
a6 and post it in b4 on sheet 1? If so I need help with the formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this in B4 on Sheet1:

=IF(Sheet2!B6="AC",Sheet2!A6,"")

HTH,
Paul

--

"Vandy" wrote in message
Can I make it do this? If, on sheet 2, b6= the letters AC, take the name
in
a6 and post it in b4 on sheet 1? If so I need help with the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks for the help, i need a little more help than I thought.

I need to search column C on sheet2 to find the 1 "AC" and then post the
corresponding name in column A to B4 in sheet 1. Thanks again for your help.

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Try this in B4 on Sheet1:

=IF(Sheet2!B6="AC",Sheet2!A6,"")

HTH,
Paul

--

"Vandy" wrote in message
Can I make it do this? If, on sheet 2, b6= the letters AC, take the name
in
a6 and post it in b4 on sheet 1? If so I need help with the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you mean that B6 = "AC" and you want to search for that within column C
on Sheet two, and then return the corresponding value in column A, then:

=IF(ISERROR($B$4),"AC not
found",INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&MATCH("AC",Sheet2!$C$1: $C$100,0)))

Keep in mind that there could be other ways to accomplish the same thing.
Also, it is best to specify a range rather than using the entire column. In
my suggestion, I've used rows 1 through 100. You can adjust that as
necessary. Based on your example, it seems that you are saying that "AC"
will only appear one time. If that is true, then the formula above should
work without issue. If there is more than one "AC" and you want something
other than the first occurance to be found, then the above formula will not
work.

If this is not what you want, please give details.

HTH,
Paul

--

"Vandy" wrote in message
thanks for the help, i need a little more help than I thought.

I need to search column C on sheet2 to find the 1 "AC" and then post the
corresponding name in column A to B4 in sheet 1. Thanks again for your
help.

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Try this in B4 on Sheet1:

=IF(Sheet2!B6="AC",Sheet2!A6,"")

HTH,
Paul

--

"Vandy" wrote in message
Can I make it do this? If, on sheet 2, b6= the letters AC, take the
name
in
a6 and post it in b4 on sheet 1? If so I need help with the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry about the confusion, a nursing instructor here at school needs the
answer and I am trying to help. He has 2 sheets he is trying to get the data
to work with.
On sheet 2 he needs the name of the person in column A that is assigned the
letters "AC" in column C to appear on sheet 1 in column B6. We will then
need to copy the formula to column D, E, F, etc.

Thank you for your time and patience, you have been most helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, the letters "AC" only appears once per column. I also had an inquiry
in the worksheet functions area and Roger Govier sent a suggestion that
worked. Thank you so much for your time. I am interested if you have
another approach if you have the time to send it. I won't be able to respond
after today for a week or so, thanks again for your help.