Lou

Default display the answer for a formula from another page?

I am trying to diplay the answer from a fomula on one page to another so that
i don't have to have the same formula twice..i keep getting an
error....Please help...Lou
JE McGimpsey

It would have helped if you'd posted your desired formula, but...

Assume the formula would be to add cells A1 and B1 in Sheet1, and you
want the result in cell C1 in Sheet2. Then, in Sheet2!C1, enter

= Sheet1!A1 + Sheet1!B1

or

=SUM(Sheet1!A1:B1)

In article ,
Lou wrote:

I am trying to diplay the answer from a fomula on one page to another so that
i don't have to have the same formula twice..i keep getting an
error....Please help...Lou

Gord Dibben

Lou

In C1 on sheet1 you have =A1+B1

In any cell on sheet2 you enter =sheet1!C1

Or go to a cell on sheet2 and type an = sign, then swithch to sheet1.

Select C1 and hit the <ENTER key.

Or copy sheet1 C1 and switch to sheet2.

Select a cell then Paste SpecialPaste Link

Gord Dibben Excel MVP