Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Default Selecting data in tables, if not given then interpolating

Hi, I'm setting up an excel sheet that needs to reference a table to get
values used in further formulas.

I have a formula that finds a value and you need to take that value and find
it in a column of data and output a certain value from that same column, but
from a different row.

I can use the HLOOKUP() but if the value is not exact, I would like to be
able to interpolate the table data to get an exact answer based on the linear
relationship that interpolating uses.

If im finding a value R, then I have a table like this:

R: 0 0.1 0.2 0.3
a: 1.0 1.07 1.15 1.23
b: 1.0 0.93 0.89 0.75

So if I come to a result where R=0.15, I would like to get the answer of
1.11, which I interpolated.

I have very little experience in any sort of programming, so I appreciate
any help.