Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Interpolating data timepoints

Greetings. I'm a scientist at the U of MN. I've collected a bunch of data
(1's and 0's) with time being the independent variable. This is in an Excel
spreadsheet with timepoints in fractions of minutes. What I need to do is to
extrapolate the data in 5-minute intervals and unfortunately the fractions
are not divisible evenly into these intervals. Is there any way I can have
Excel interpolate to these exact intervals? Here is just a piece of what the
timepoints look like - each timepoint will have either a 1 or a 0 for data
and I need to add up the sum within each 5-minute interval from the beginning
to the end :

Timepoint (min)
0
0.4029421
0.8058842
1.2088263
1.6117684
2.0147105
2.4176526
2.8205947
3.2235368
3.6264789
4.029421
4.4323631
4.8353052
5.2382473
5.6411894
6.0441315
6.4470736
6.8500157
7.2529578
7.6558999
8.058842
8.4617841
8.8647262
9.2676683
9.6706104
10.0735525
10.4764946
10.8794367
11.2823788

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tracy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tracy,

assuming your time data is in column A, and your 1's and 0's are in
column B, you can set up in column D, say, an increment of 5 minutes,
so that D2 contains 0, D3 contains 5, D4 contains 10 etc, and then in
E3 you can put this formula:

=SUMIF(A:A,"<="&D3,B:B)-SUMIF(A:A,"<="&D2,B:B)

Copy this down for as many increments as you have in column D to give
you a sum within those intervals.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 8, 10:09*pm, Tracy wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Pete! That is exactly what I wanted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, Tracy - thanks for feeding back.

Pete