Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Default Selecting data in tables, if not given then interpolating

Hi, I'm setting up an excel sheet that needs to reference a table to get
values used in further formulas.

I have a formula that finds a value and you need to take that value and find
it in a column of data and output a certain value from that same column, but
from a different row.

I can use the HLOOKUP() but if the value is not exact, I would like to be
able to interpolate the table data to get an exact answer based on the linear
relationship that interpolating uses.

If im finding a value R, then I have a table like this:

R: 0 0.1 0.2 0.3
a: 1.0 1.07 1.15 1.23
b: 1.0 0.93 0.89 0.75

So if I come to a result where R=0.15, I would like to get the answer of
1.11, which I interpolated.

I have very little experience in any sort of programming, so I appreciate
any help.