Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VLookUp

Dear Friends

I want to lookup value from defferent range of tables as per value in a cell

Vlookup("Text", RangeName, 3, 0)
Range name will be provided in cell A1

As and when value in A1 changes I want lookup formula to ge exact value from
the desired table

If I give reference to cell "A1" in the formula function returms #VALUE

Please guide

Ramesh Shetty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jun 17, 10:26*am, "SHETTY" wrote:
Dear Friends

I want to lookup value from defferent range of tables as per value in a cell

Vlookup("Text", RangeName, 3, 0)
Range name will be provided in cell A1

As and when value in A1 changes I want lookup formula to ge exact value from
the desired table

If I give reference to cell "A1" in the formula function returms #VALUE

Please guide

Ramesh Shetty

You can use VLOOKUP("Text",INDIRECT(A1,1),2,0) where the reference is
in the cell A1 in the format A1- style. if the reference is in R1C1
style change the Indirect part to indirect(A1,0)