Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
spy spy is offline

Default command button can't be clicked

I have created a command button and assigned some code to it - it all works
fine until I save the spreadsheet, exit, and load it again - the control can
no longer be clicked - is this a bug or what?

Puzzled of salisbury
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this - on the control toolbox toolbar, there's a little icon with
a ruler, a triangle & a pencil - it toggles design mode. make sure
that's not in design mode............
hope that helps
:)
susan

On Jun 16, 12:01*pm, spy wrote:
I have created a command button and assigned some code to it - it all works
fine until I save the spreadsheet, exit, and load it again - the control can
no longer be clicked - is this a bug or what?

Puzzled of salisbury

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
spy spy is offline

Susan, thanks but that's not the problem - the control is not greyed out but
any attempt to click it results in nothing. I can manually run the code that
it calls in the debugger but the control just seems unresponsive.

The odd part is that it works when first created and only fails after I exit
and reload the sheet

Brian

On Jun 16, 12:01 pm, spy wrote:
I have created a command button and assigned some code to it - it all works
fine until I save the spreadsheet, exit, and load it again - the control can
no longer be clicked - is this a bug or what?

Puzzled of salisbury

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it's hard to say. do you have any workbook open, auto open or worksheet activate
code? try pasting the code in a clean workbook and recreate the control and see
if it calls the code.

--

Gary