Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Good references for programming with Excel/VBA

I am doing some work in Powershell and am creating some scripts to
output some data and would like them to end up as Excel files. I am
looking for either online or book references that will help me
understand how to do this.

I have the basics down as to creating a file and getting my data into
it, I am now looking to brighten it up some and put borders around
cells, autofit columns, merge cells together to allow text to flow
across them, etc.

Thanks.

Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim

Record a macro while doing it manually, and you have the syntax for the
operations and properties.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"TimParker" wrote in message
I am doing some work in Powershell and am creating some scripts to
output some data and would like them to end up as Excel files. I am
looking for either online or book references that will help me
understand how to do this.

I have the basics down as to creating a file and getting my data into
it, I am now looking to brighten it up some and put borders around
cells, autofit columns, merge cells together to allow text to flow
across them, etc.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Didn't even think of that one! Now I am just have the hurdle
to get over of the change from VBA to Powershell code. It should be
interesting! Thanks again and sorry for the delay in replying.

Tim

"TimParker" wrote in message

I am doing some work inPowershelland am creating some scripts to
output some data and would like them to end up as Excel files. I am
looking for either online or book references that will help me
understand how to do this.

I have the basics down as to creating a file and getting my data into
it, I am now looking to brighten it up some and put borders around
cells, autofit columns, merge cells together to allow text to flow
across them, etc.

Thanks.

Tim- Hide quoted text -