Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check box driven order form

Can anyone give me a simple example of how to do this:

Sheet1 has inventory with checkboxes in the first column

Sheet2 autopopulates (copies the entire row) of the records in Sheet1
with checks in the checkboxes.

Can someone please give me a simple way to do this? An .xls would be
ideal.

Thanks !!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The simpliest way of doing this is to used the Linked Cell Property of the
check box to put a True or False in a cell when the check box is checked.
The use an IF formula to display the data or not to display the data.

1) EnterDesign Mode to change Property of check box. go to Edit Menu - View
toolbars - Control toolbox. Press the Triangle to Enter or leave Design
Mode. When in Design Mode moving the mouse over the triangle will show Exit
Design Mode.
2) Right click checkbox and Select Property
3) check LinkedCell property to a cell like B1. The linked cell should be
on the same row as the checkbox. It could be in a hidden column possibly the
last column IV. Do this for each checkbox using a different linked cell for
each checkbox.
4) Exit Design Mode. Now you should see the linked cell display either true
or false depending if the check box is checked.
5) Now you can reference a cell in sheet 2 to be displayed when the check
box is checked

In C1 on sheet 1
=if($IV1=true,sheet2!C1,"") - Note the $ in front of IV

The formula will look at the linked cell IV1 for true or false. If true the
it will display C1 from sheet 2. You can copy this formula across the number
of columns and rows required.