Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Order check in solution

I am trying to write a simple solution to do the following.

I am checking in orders. Each case has a UPC that I can scan. When I am
done scanning each item, I want to match the results against an invoice.
(Each time a UPC is read in the "scanned list" , it needs to add "1" to the
cell offset from the cell that contains the corresponding UPC in the invoice
list.

I've been messing around with the find method for a while, but havn't
figured out a way to to make it work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

INVOICE UPC's SCANNED UPC's
252785101512 252785101512
147009457329 147009457329
991207428183 991207428183
859479181683 859479181683
156370309341 156370309341
924135041065 924135041065
141565295381 141565295381
524092935026 524092935026
328041893778 328041893778
910765794208 910765794208
842191913397 842191913397
378108475997 378108475997
614669765989 614669765989
883098777207 883098777207
124417951086 124417951086
120024611842 120024611842
973039897136 973039897136
436156773394 436156773394
706998507158 706998507158
643665794475 643665794475
653094538041 653094538041
252785101512
147009457329
991207428183
859479181683
156370309341
924135041065
141565295381
524092935026
328041893778
910765794208
842191913397
378108475997
614669765989
883098777207
124417951086
120024611842
973039897136
436156773394
706998507158
643665794475
653094538041

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would say something along of this psuedo code, assuming you are a keyboard
wedge type bar code scanner:

Range("datainput").select 'Single cell to receive scanned input
Scan barcode.
Using MATCH, find the row in "Invoice UPCs" that corresponds the value in
Range("datainput")
If no match, msgbox "Not listed"
Copy the Range("datainput").value the the row in above, offset +1 column.
Range("datainput").value=""

NickHK

"AD108" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried using the following code, but the match function is returning
nothing. Im stuck on this one. Any ideas out there?

Option Explicit

Sub total_count()

Dim rngSub1 As Range
Dim rngSub2 As Range
Dim Cell As Range
Dim i As Integer
Dim x As Range
Dim y As Integer

Set rngSub1 = Sheets(1).Range("F:F").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeCons tants, 23)
Set rngSub2 = Sheets(1).Range("C:C").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeCons tants, 23)

For Each Cell In rngSub1
On Error Resume Next
x = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(Cell, rngSub2, 0)
Debug.Print x
If Not x Is Nothing Then
y = x.Offset(0, 1).Value
y = y + 1