Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default code to replace advanced auto filter

Is there code that will replace using advanced autofilter in a shared
workbook? currently when i turn my workbook on to shared, the advanced
filters embedded do not work.

Currently I am using:

Sheets("East Master Repository").Select
Rows("1:1").Select
Cells.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:=Sheets( _
"Criteria for market groupings").Range("N2:N7"), Unique:=False
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste

Where my filter criteria is in cells N2 thru N7.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this. When you open a new workbook the focus changes to the new book.

with thisworkbook.Sheets("East Master Repository")
.Rows("1:1").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace,
CriteriaRange:=thisworkbook.Sheets( _
"Criteria for market groupings").Range("N2:N7"), Unique:=False
set newbk = workbooks.add
.Cells.Copy destination:=newbk.sheets(1).cells

end with

"Belinda7237" wrote:

Is there code that will replace using advanced autofilter in a shared
workbook? currently when i turn my workbook on to shared, the advanced
filters embedded do not work.

Currently I am using:

Sheets("East Master Repository").Select
Rows("1:1").Select
Cells.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:=Sheets( _
"Criteria for market groupings").Range("N2:N7"), Unique:=False
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste

Where my filter criteria is in cells N2 thru N7.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could add a column to your table, to check if the item is in your
criteria range. For example, in cell F2:
=COUNTIF($N$2:$N$7,A2)0

Then, use an autofilter to find the rows that have a TRUE in column F,
and copy the results to a new workbook:

'=============================
Sub ExportMyData()
'copy data and headings from filtered table
'
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim wbNew As Workbook
Dim rng As Range
Dim ws1 As Worksheet
Dim ws2 As Worksheet

Set wbNew = Workbooks.Add
Set wb = ThisWorkbook
Set ws1 = wb.Worksheets("East Master Repository")
Set ws2 = wbNew.Worksheets(1)

With ws1
If .FilterMode Then
.ShowAllData
End If
.Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:="TRUE"
End With

On Error Resume Next
Set rng = ws1.AutoFilter.Range
On Error GoTo 0
If rng Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No data to copy"
Else
rng.Copy Destination:=ws2.Range("A1")

'=============================

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't understand why you are getting this error. Running the new code
below should always work (I removed the filter lines) as long as you have the
worksheet "East MasterRepository". the code creates a new workbook which
should always work. the copy line copies every cell and puts it in the new
workbook in sheet 1. You can't creater a workbook without one worksheet so
this shouldn't fail either. I don't have an answer unless you didn't type
the code correctly.

"Belinda7237" wrote:

Is there code that will replace using advanced autofilter in a shared
workbook? currently when i turn my workbook on to shared, the advanced
filters embedded do not work.

Currently I am using:

Sheets("East Master Repository").Select
Rows("1:1").Select
Cells.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:=Sheets( _
"Criteria for market groupings").Range("N2:N7"), Unique:=False
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste

Where my filter criteria is in cells N2 thru N7.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I not sure why th e code would fail because of a shared workbook. I suspect
the code is failing because the line is wrapping. I looked again at the way
the code got posted and noticed it look like the Copy line is on two lines
instead of one below I added a line continuation character at the end of the
line to prevent this error

"Belinda7237" wrote:

Is there code that will replace using advanced autofilter in a shared
workbook? currently when i turn my workbook on to shared, the advanced
filters embedded do not work.

Currently I am using:

Sheets("East Master Repository").Select
Rows("1:1").Select
Cells.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:=Sheets( _
"Criteria for market groupings").Range("N2:N7"), Unique:=False
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste

Where my filter criteria is in cells N2 thru N7.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried your code in a shared workbook? Advanced filter is one of
many features that aren't permitted.

You can manually run an advanced filter on the data, by starting in a
different workbook, but the AdvancedFilter code will create an error.

In my response yesterday, I suggested using an AutoFilter instead.