Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Belinda7237 Belinda7237 is offline

Default code to replace advanced auto filter

Its actually still producing a compile error on the last line indicated its
an invaoid or unqualified reference at .cells?

thoughts?

"Joel" wrote:

The line was too long and wrapped. I added a continuation character at the
end of the line which was too long.

with thisworkbook.Sheets("East Master Repository")
.Rows("1:1").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, _
CriteriaRange:=thisworkbook.Sheets( _
"Criteria for market groupings").Range("N2:N7"), Unique:=False
set newbk = workbooks.add
.Cells.Copy destination:=newbk.sheets(1).cells

end with

"Belinda7237" wrote:

I am getting a syntax error i blieve on .Rows

"Joel" wrote:

try this. When you open a new workbook the focus changes to the new book.

with thisworkbook.Sheets("East Master Repository")
.Rows("1:1").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace,
CriteriaRange:=thisworkbook.Sheets( _
"Criteria for market groupings").Range("N2:N7"), Unique:=False
set newbk = workbooks.add
.Cells.Copy destination:=newbk.sheets(1).cells

end with

"Belinda7237" wrote:

Is there code that will replace using advanced autofilter in a shared
workbook? currently when i turn my workbook on to shared, the advanced
filters embedded do not work.

Currently I am using:

Sheets("East Master Repository").Select
Rows("1:1").Select
Cells.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:=Sheets( _
"Criteria for market groupings").Range("N2:N7"), Unique:=False
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste

Where my filter criteria is in cells N2 thru N7.