Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros

I have a spreadsheet that I update on a weekly basis and I am trying to
automate this process. It consists of 3 sheets of reference data and a pivot
table based on the data. Each week I get additional data and would like to
create a macros that will automate this process. Can someone advise where
too begin?
Thanks!
Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks harald,
Once I record the macro as I am creating the spreadsheets, how do I automate
this process? Please help. Thanks..

"massa" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I update on a weekly basis and I am trying to
automate this process. It consists of 3 sheets of reference data and a pivot
table based on the data. Each week I get additional data and would like to
create a macros that will automate this process. Can someone advise where
too begin?
Thanks!
Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you run the recorded macro, it will perform exact the same operations
again, the idea of a recorded macro.

So the trick is to make it (edit it) to be general enough to suit your
needs, unless it is already good enough that is. Like, if your new data
comes in sheets with different names and different sized ranges, then the
macro should not have those sheet names and range addresses hardcoded in it.

This is a skill, it requires understanding of what the macro is to do, of
Excel, and of the macro language. There is no "make what I am dreaming of"
button anywhere; read, test and edit the macro.

Best wishes Harald