Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to clean a worksheet

I have a worksheet with data and active x controls like textbox, checkbox
etc. I need to clean the worksheet or it should look like a brand new
worksheet in every session.. is there any better way to do that, right now I
am deleting it and creating a new worksheet with the same name.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is true that a protected workbook restricts an unauthorized user from
doing certain things. However, since you had implied that you had access to
the workbook, it was assumed that you would be able to handle the protection
part. So, if you are an authorized user and you want a clean sheet, then
deleting the old one and replacing it with a new one will guarantee that
there are no hidden formulas, cells, rows, columns, controls or code to worry
about.

"guest" wrote:

I have a worksheet with data and active x controls like textbox, checkbox
etc. I need to clean the worksheet or it should look like a brand new
worksheet in every session.. is there any better way to do that, right now I
am deleting it and creating a new worksheet with the same name.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about saving the "clean" workbook as a template and using the template to
start each new session.

"guest" wrote:

I have a worksheet with data and active x controls like textbox, checkbox
etc. I need to clean the worksheet or it should look like a brand new
worksheet in every session.. is there any better way to do that, right now I
am deleting it and creating a new worksheet with the same name.

--

Dave Peterson

Macro using CLEAN & PROPER on a worksheet. George Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 8th 10 06:14 PM
CLEAN on whole Worksheet Gareth - Network analyst. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 November 2nd 07 08:54 AM
Clean up help Andy Excel Programming 6 February 4th 06 08:54 AM
Help me clean this up... BigDave[_24_] Excel Programming 2 June 17th 05 03:55 PM
=clean(a1) news.verizon.net Excel Programming 2 August 25th 03 11:08 PM