Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default How to clean a worksheet

It is true that a protected workbook restricts an unauthorized user from
doing certain things. However, since you had implied that you had access to
the workbook, it was assumed that you would be able to handle the protection
part. So, if you are an authorized user and you want a clean sheet, then
deleting the old one and replacing it with a new one will guarantee that
there are no hidden formulas, cells, rows, columns, controls or code to worry
about.

"guest" wrote:

I agree deleting and adding is much better way but we might be dealing with
protected workbook. which prevents us from adding, deleting or moving
worksheets.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Delete and add leaves no doubt.

"guest" wrote:

I have a worksheet with data and active x controls like textbox, checkbox
etc. I need to clean the worksheet or it should look like a brand new
worksheet in every session.. is there any better way to do that, right now I
am deleting it and creating a new worksheet with the same name.