Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show full text?

Hiya.

I have a slight but annoying problem and am not sure how easily it
could be solved, if at all.

Basically, I have a row full of formulas, set to show as blank if the
cell they are using as a Lookup is also blank.

What I want is for the occasions where the Lookup cell is not blank
for it to show the text in full. The problem is that the other cells
with formulae in don't actually count as being blank so the text is
forced to show only in the current cell. Ideally I'd like the whole
text to be shown over the cells next to it.

Is there anyway at all to do this? Maybe someway to format the cells
with VB?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The usual way is to format the cells with Wrap on and size the cells to
produce the proper display within the cell rather than rely on the "overhang"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007j

"Andy" wrote:

Hiya.

I have a slight but annoying problem and am not sure how easily it
could be solved, if at all.

Basically, I have a row full of formulas, set to show as blank if the
cell they are using as a Lookup is also blank.

What I want is for the occasions where the Lookup cell is not blank
for it to show the text in full. The problem is that the other cells
with formulae in don't actually count as being blank so the text is
forced to show only in the current cell. Ideally I'd like the whole
text to be shown over the cells next to it.

Is there anyway at all to do this? Maybe someway to format the cells
with VB?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you but I was hoping to find a way around this as I'd like to
keep the cells as narrow as possible. The sheet is for a calendar and
so having the cells bigger than the usual to fit text in looks
slightly out of place.

I'll have to use the wordwrap method if no other way is possible
though...