Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Form/Label Won't Show

Ran into an odd thing just now. I set up a simple form in Excel that is
shown when a VBA procedure is running, then hidden when it ends (just tells
the user something is going on so he doesn't get bored or frustrated and
start pushing buttons). The form opens and closes like it's supposed to, but
the label containing the text of my message is blank, just a white square.
I've looked through all the properties and can't see anything that would
explain it. Anybody have an idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The code is simply ...

PricingMessage.Show
'Do some stuff
'PricingMessage.Hide

'PricingMessage' is of course the name of the form, and the 'do some stuff'
is a called procedure that runs for about a minute +/- . As I said, the
form opens just fine, and closes just fine, the only problem is that the
label looks like it doesn't have any text in it. The form still serves the
purpose because its caption also tells the user to stand by, but my label, if
it would show, tells them a little more about what's going on. I can see it
just fine in design view, but not when the form actually opens.

"LarryP" wrote:

Ran into an odd thing just now. I set up a simple form in Excel that is
shown when a VBA procedure is running, then hidden when it ends (just tells
the user something is going on so he doesn't get bored or frustrated and
start pushing buttons). The form opens and closes like it's supposed to, but
the label containing the text of my message is blank, just a white square.
I've looked through all the properties and can't see anything that would
explain it. Anybody have an idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With your model form I'm surprised you are able to run 'Do some stuff' until
after dismissing the form, perhaps you are showing vbModeless or there's
more to it. Anyway, you may need to do either
PricingMessage.Repaint
or drop in a DoEvents.
The latter would allow user to press any buttons with possible unwanted
consequences. OTH if fully catered for and handled that might also give the
user a potential way to abort.

Regards,
Peter T

I'm surprised