Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Printing an array of worksheets

When I try to print an array of worksheets, I'm getting multiple print jobs
instead of one. Here is my code:

Dim MyArray As Variant
MyArray = Array("Cover", "Summary", "DailySchedule", "Routes", "Pickups",
"CostSummary", "StdTerms", "Acceptance")
Worksheets(MyArray).PrintOut

Any idea why this happens? If I'm printing to the printer, it's OK. But, I
want to be able to create a single pdf file, for example, and I don't want it
to creates several print jobs.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've never noticed this before, but it seems that printing multiple sheets
always creates multiple print jobs. If I print two spreadsheets and then
look at the printer properties, there are two jobs. So it looks like it's
just how Excel does it. If you google "print several pages as one job"
there's a discussion that seems to confirm this.

hth,

Doug

"Yoam69" wrote in message
When I try to print an array of worksheets, I'm getting multiple print
jobs
instead of one. Here is my code:

Dim MyArray As Variant
MyArray = Array("Cover", "Summary", "DailySchedule", "Routes", "Pickups",
"CostSummary", "StdTerms", "Acceptance")
Worksheets(MyArray).PrintOut

Any idea why this happens? If I'm printing to the printer, it's OK. But,
want to be able to create a single pdf file, for example, and I don't want
it
to creates several print jobs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What's really strange is that it seems to "cluster" the jobs for me. For
example, I have 8 sheets listed below, and I get 3 print jobs. I'll look at
the google post...thanks.

"Yoam69" wrote in message
When I try to print an array of worksheets, I'm getting multiple print
jobs
instead of one. Here is my code:

Dim MyArray As Variant
MyArray = Array("Cover", "Summary", "DailySchedule", "Routes", "Pickups",
"CostSummary", "StdTerms", "Acceptance")
Worksheets(MyArray).PrintOut

Any idea why this happens? If I'm printing to the printer, it's OK. But,
want to be able to create a single pdf file, for example, and I don't want
it
to creates several print jobs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

Hi,
Unfortunately I've had the same experience with PDF creation.
I think its an Adobe problem. Sometimes it works. Most of the time it
doesn't.

John

"Yoam69" wrote in message
When I try to print an array of worksheets, I'm getting multiple print
jobs
instead of one. Here is my code:

Dim MyArray As Variant
MyArray = Array("Cover", "Summary", "DailySchedule", "Routes",
"Pickups",
"CostSummary", "StdTerms", "Acceptance")
Worksheets(MyArray).PrintOut

Any idea why this happens? If I'm printing to the printer, it's OK.
But,
want to be able to create a single pdf file, for example, and I don't
want
it
to creates several print jobs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doug

Excel will print selected sheets as one print job including sequential page
numbering.

Select the sheets then FilePrintActive Sheet(s) to get one job.

OP may be running up against the limitations of the PDF printer in use.

Some versions of Adobe Acrobat have a habit of creating separate PDF files for
each sheet.

I use PrimoPDF and do not have that problem.

http://www.primopdf.com/

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Yoam69" wrote in message
When I try to print an array of worksheets, I'm getting multiple print
jobs
instead of one. Here is my code:

Dim MyArray As Variant
MyArray = Array("Cover", "Summary", "DailySchedule", "Routes", "Pickups",
"CostSummary", "StdTerms", "Acceptance")
Worksheets(MyArray).PrintOut

Any idea why this happens? If I'm printing to the printer, it's OK. But,
want to be able to create a single pdf file, for example, and I don't want
it
to creates several print jobs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gord,

Thanks for the info. Oddly, now when I try it, that is the default. I
didn't change it, so I suspect it was the default before, but now the two
sheets are going to one job.

Doug

"Yoam69" wrote in message
When I try to print an array of worksheets, I'm getting multiple print
jobs
instead of one. Here is my code:

Dim MyArray As Variant
MyArray = Array("Cover", "Summary", "DailySchedule", "Routes",
"Pickups",
"CostSummary", "StdTerms", "Acceptance")
Worksheets(MyArray).PrintOut

Any idea why this happens? If I'm printing to the printer, it's OK.
But,
want to be able to create a single pdf file, for example, and I don't
want
it
to creates several print jobs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But if you'll use more than 2 sheets you'll see the problem happening again
(even if active sheets or print entire workbook is selected). This is a
problem with excel, you'll have to set the page setup options for all of the
pages to get it right, see this for details -
http://www.novapdf.com/kb/entry/135/