Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default NumberFormat syntax tutorial

I was looking for a tutorial on the syntax of NumberFormat. I have been able
to glean from various posts formats like "m/d/yyy" and "#.00". But, There are
certainly more complex formats available (and probably simpler ones). I look
at the documentation for the NumberFormat poperty and it just states "see
Cells.NumberFormat". Which when I look it doesn't seem to give a definitive
guide to the syntax either. Any pointers?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kevin,

i suggest you try google ;-)

look what i found:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/CustomFormats.htm

looks like a good page to read.
note however that it's mostly the numberformats as used in excel cells.

this is the programming group, and various VBA functions
use numberformats as well, but the syntax varies a bit.

also search excel help.
it's not very accessible, but it does contain a wealth of information.
same goes for VBA help.

else buy yourself a good excel book, which should be a good investment.

cheerz!
keepITcool

--

Kevin Burton wrote:

I was looking for a tutorial on the syntax of NumberFormat. I have
been able to glean from various posts formats like "m/d/yyy" and
"#.00". But, There are certainly more complex formats available (and
probably simpler ones). I look at the documentation for the
NumberFormat poperty and it just states "see Cells.NumberFormat".
Which when I look it doesn't seem to give a definitive guide to the
syntax either. Any pointers?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out John Walkenbach's site for a workbook download.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 31 May 2008 01:21:00 -0700, Kevin Burton
wrote:

I was looking for a tutorial on the syntax of NumberFormat. I have been able
to glean from various posts formats like "m/d/yyy" and "#.00". But, There are
certainly more complex formats available (and probably simpler ones). I look
at the documentation for the NumberFormat poperty and it just states "see
Cells.NumberFormat". Which when I look it doesn't seem to give a definitive
guide to the syntax either. Any pointers?

Thank you.

.numberformat Q Aaron Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 18th 09 02:15 AM
NumberFormat RBeau Excel Programming 0 February 1st 08 11:42 PM
NumberFormat? alex Excel Worksheet Functions 3 March 1st 07 09:12 PM
VBA NumberFormat Digit Excel Programming 1 January 30th 05 02:30 PM
Numberformat Syrus the Virus[_13_] Excel Programming 6 February 12th 04 02:12 PM