Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Where do I begin?

What is my best book resource for Excel VB editor and formulas. I have some
complicated things I want to accomplish, but I don't have the knowledge. I
don't know how to write programming. I bought Visual Basic.NET all in one
desk reference for Dummies. I don't think this is what I really needed.

One example of what I want to accomplish - insert information from one
worksheet to another automatically to form a report and insert rows when more
information is available or delete rows automatically when lookup inserts "0".

HELP!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lleytte,

If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's
'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

You might also look at David's tutorials page at:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials

---
Regards.
Norman

"lleytte" wrote in message
What is my best book resource for Excel VB editor and formulas. I have
some
complicated things I want to accomplish, but I don't have the knowledge. I
don't know how to write programming. I bought Visual Basic.NET all in one
desk reference for Dummies. I don't think this is what I really needed.

One example of what I want to accomplish - insert information from one
worksheet to another automatically to form a report and insert rows when
more
information is available or delete rows automatically when lookup inserts
"0".

HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
there are some online tutorials that might get you started. do a google -
you'll find more.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/und.../odc_super.asp
http://www.the-excel-advisor.com/exc...-tutorial.html
http://www.excel-vba.com/excel-vba-contents.htm
http://www.exceltip.com/excel_links.html

as to books, john walkenback has a number of best sellers
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm read down the left side to books.
he also has a lot of online tips and tricks. good web site. brouse.

regards
FSt1