Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trying to create a spreadsheet with drop menus

Do I need to know how to program using VB, C, or C+ in order to create a
spreadsheet that has drop down menus? I need to compile information to a
sreadsheet from questaires that are received for later reference.
--
abrehm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Might be as easy as using DataValidationAllowList.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 May 2008 16:17:00 -0700, abrehm
wrote:

Do I need to know how to program using VB, C, or C+ in order to create a
spreadsheet that has drop down menus? I need to compile information to a
sreadsheet from questaires that are received for later reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Abehm,

The answer depends on what you mean
by dropdown menus; if you intend a
dropdownlist in one or more worksheet
cells, this functionality is natively available
via Excel's Data Validation tool.

If this is what you seek, Debra Dalgeish
provides a superb tutorial at:

Data Validation -- Introduction

If however you intend to customise Excel's
menus, you would need to have a knowledge
of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) or to
provide sufficient ancilliary detail to enable others
to furnish the requisite code.

---
Regards.
Norman