Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default dynamic cell addressing in formulas

I am attempting to create a standardised table of results from a set of lists
of varying lengths. I have a similar set up working for lists of the same
length but addressing the source cell is much trickier when the list length
varies.

Ideally what I would like to do is include a function into the formula for a
specific cell which looks for the last occupied cell in a corresponding list
and places the information from that into the preformatted table.

The following is an example of what I'm using at the minute;
=IF(AND(Salinity!B3=0, DO!B3=0), " ", Sheet1!B14)

I was wondering if it was possible to write this in a way that determines
the location of the cell on Sheet1 (B14 in the example above) depending on a
count of the number of items in the list. Is this possible or has anyone
came across a more efficient way of doing this kind activity?

Thanks
Vincent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The lists are columns of numbers (field data from a probe) varying in length
up to 14 cells long. When I copy these lists into the results section of a
template I can automatically perform different tasks on it (conversions etc)
and arrive with my desired result tabulated on a different sheet and ready to
print off.

The working system I have (mentioned in the previous post) takes account of
a uniformly shaped and well maintained feature so the depth is constant and
the list lengths are all 13 cells long. From it I can take point readings of
variables at the top, middle and bottom of the column to summarise the data.

The new system I'm working on profiles an irregularly shaped feature which
varies in depth from day to day and even hour to hour. I'm attempting to
achieve the same effect with this template as I did with the previous one
i.e. a summary of the data from the top, middle and bottom of the column of
data.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

more detail

--