Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide automation add-in functions

Hi everyone!

I'm developing excel automation add-in and I want some of my functions
to be callable from worksheet but do not appear in "Insert Function"
dialog.

I can see two possibilities:

1) somehow hide functions;
2) move functions that should be hidden to separate class and then
somehow hide corresponding functions category.

Is this possible?

Thanx,
Shahin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Shahin,

Try using the statement:

Option Private Module

at the head of the module, before any
procedures.

---
Regards.
Norman

"Shahin Musayev" wrote in message
Hi everyone!

I'm developing excel automation add-in and I want some of my functions
to be callable from worksheet but do not appear in "Insert Function"
dialog.

I can see two possibilities:

1) somehow hide functions;
2) move functions that should be hidden to separate class and then
somehow hide corresponding functions category.

Is this possible?

Thanx,
Shahin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, Norman.

It's not an option. :(

Functions from standard module can not be called from worksheet ( at
least i don't know how it can be done) and I can not use Option
Private Module statement in class module.

Thanx,
Shahin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi everyone!

I have discovered one interesting thing:

My firm uses kind of document manager to work with MS Office documents
ant other. This document manager adds its own functions to Excel under
its own group, but due to some bug it also hides my automation add-in
functions group.

The good news is that now I know that it is possible to hide my
automation add-in functions group. The bad news is that I still do not
know how to do this :(.

Document manager stores its own functions in separate xla under
XLSTART folder, but there is no sub/function to register them! There
is no other Add-ins/COM Add-ins connected.

So my question is: how can I hide my automation add-in functions group
in "Insert Function"
dialog but still have them callable from worksheet?