Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Default Excel 2007 - Format of New Documents

Hello,

I'd like to make so that whenever I create a new document in Excel
that the "Page Setup" is set to scale of "fits to 1 page wide by 1
page tall".

I'm sick of creating a new document and always having to go to Page
Setup so that everything prints on one page. Don't you think this
should be a default setup for any new documents?

Thanks in advance,

Dza
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

"dza7" wrote in message
Hello,

I'd like to make so that whenever I create a new document in Excel
that the "Page Setup" is set to scale of "fits to 1 page wide by 1
page tall".

I'm sick of creating a new document and always having to go to Page
Setup so that everything prints on one page. Don't you think this
should be a default setup for any new documents?

You can put VBA code in, say, the Workbook_NewSheet event to set the
parameters for PageSetup:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Create a custom template. Open a blank workbook, make whatever
changes you want your default workbook to look like. It could be
printing, styles, fonts, etc. Click Save As, select 'Save as type' as
Template (this will place the template in the correct location
automatically), type the name as Book.XLT. Voila.

Regards

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia

On May 23, 10:26 am, "Howard Kaikow" wrote:
"dza7" wrote in message

Hello,

I'd like to make so that whenever I create a new document in Excel
that the "Page Setup" is set to scale of "fits to 1 page wide by 1
page tall".

I'm sick of creating a new document and always having to go to Page
Setup so that everything prints on one page. Don't you think this
should be a default setup for any new documents?

You can put VBA code in, say, the Workbook_NewSheet event to set the
parameters for PageSetup:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Two ways of doing this already offered. If the 1x1 setup fits your needs
better than 90% of the time, I'd create the template file as Paul Martin
suggested.

As for what the default setup "should be" - that's a personal issue for each
user to determine. I would hazard a risky guess that most people's use
either exceeds a comfortable width or height for a single sheet of paper.
Only if you have a relatively small number of not very wide columns and fewer
than say 40 or 50 rows of data does a 1x1 come out usable. Try that with a
sheet with even just 2 columns of data, but with a couple of thousand rows in
use.

That's the beauty of creating .xlt template files: you can have various
setups for multiple needs, and one for your typical requirements.