Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filesearch won't clear

Even after reboots, .Filesearch, using .Lookin and with all SearchFolders
removed, the Filesearch results return 98 files in the named folder. I
created a new folder and copied the 98 there, then deleted all but 4
workbooks in the original folder. When I rerun the FileSearch on the
original folder, it still says I have 98 files in it. A few other people
have had the problem apparently, but I saw no solutions. (One person said he
turned his machine off overnight each time he wanted a refresh.) I tried
turning off fast indexing in the folder .. thinking there was some persistent
index that was not getting updated. This occurs across a reboot.

Any solutions? Is there a reliable way to force FileSearch to pick up the
fact that folders and contents have changed?