Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default first space from the right

Hi all, I'm trying to find the 1st space from the right of a sow of strings
of different lengths. for e.g. a row might be " mr smith 2 arcadia la".

thanks again all
--
delmac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well I just put your example into E1, added the formula, and it returned 19.
Looks like it worked to me.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"delmac" wrote in message
didn't work I'm afraid.
--
delmac

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(E1," ",CHAR(1),LEN(E1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(E1,"
",""))))

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"delmac" wrote in message
Hi all, I'm trying to find the 1st space from the right of a sow of
strings
of different lengths. for e.g. a row might be " mr smith 2 arcadia la".

thanks again all
--
delmac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thnaks very much Bob, it did work firts time, Iwas just to stupid to actually
copy it into the correct cell.

regards
--
delmac

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Well I just put your example into E1, added the formula, and it returned 19.
Looks like it worked to me.

--
---
HTH