Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File on taskbar

My taskbar is divided into quick access to items on the left half and open
items icons on the right half. It is separated by a single up and down line
like a "Begin a Group Line."

I have a shortcut on the taskbar on the left side to open an excel file.
The file opens fine when I can see the shortcut on the taskbar but when the
shortcut is in the overflow area, ie after the , then the file opens but
the excel window does not get the focus. How can I make the excel window get
the focus when the shortcut is in the overflow area as it does when the
shorcut is actually showing on the taskbar.

I have tried Windows("Filename.xls").Activate ... but that does not do it.

I have thought about forcing a left mouse click but I dont know how to do
that.

Thank you for your help.

Steven