-   -   File on taskbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411201-file-taskbar.html)

steven

File on taskbar

My taskbar is divided into quick access to items on the left half and open
items icons on the right half. It is separated by a single up and down line
like a "Begin a Group Line."

I have a shortcut on the taskbar on the left side to open an excel file.
The file opens fine when I can see the shortcut on the taskbar but when the
shortcut is in the overflow area, ie after the , then the file opens but
the excel window does not get the focus. How can I make the excel window get
the focus when the shortcut is in the overflow area as it does when the
shorcut is actually showing on the taskbar.

I have tried Windows("Filename.xls").Activate ... but that does not do it.

I have thought about forcing a left mouse click but I dont know how to do
that.

Thank you for your help.

Steven