Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Programming problems

I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets. They both have different sections
of data and some sections are exactly the same in both worksheets. They are
connected so if the user enters data into the first sheet it will show in the
same place in the second sheet.

The users can add rows where ever they want. Some of the data is repeated
so I want it to be as user friendly as possible. My problem is that I have a
command button connected to a macro. The Macro adds a row into the
spreadsheet where items are repeated and adds a row in the same place in the
second worksheet to keep it consistent. However I cannot figure out how to
have them connect or at least give them the same properties as the other
items. For example one cell has data validation(a picklist) and i need this
to be carried onto the new rows. This is my code at the moment for each
worksheet:

Dim x As String

Range("A2").Select

x = "Competitor"

Do Until ActiveCell.Value = x

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

Loop
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown

Competitor is in the first column and it stays the same so it just adds a
column with the other competitor items. The other cells in the row change but
have the same picklists, the new rows don't pick up these details.

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!