Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default WinAPI Resources

Hello I'm just wondering if anyone has some good links to tutorials on using
WinAPI calls, I've used some of them but I don't really understand what's
going on. It'd be nice to work through some tutorials suited for VBA + WinAPI.

Thanks for any information in advance.

Nate
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The API world can be messy (things are as neat and controlled as in the VBA
world); but, if you are determined, here is one place you can start (there
are 7 pages to the tutorial - look carefully as the page links do not stand
out very well)...

http://www.informit.com/articles/art...66892&seqNum=1

Rick

"NateBuckley" wrote in message
Hello I'm just wondering if anyone has some good links to tutorials on
using
WinAPI calls, I've used some of them but I don't really understand what's
going on. It'd be nice to work through some tutorials suited for VBA +
WinAPI.

Thanks for any information in advance.

Nate

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you able to see any of the pictures on any of the Tutorial pages? All I
see for them is a rectangle with a small red "X" in the upper-left corner.

Rick

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You should also check out

http://allapi.mentalis.org/

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

The API world can be messy (things are as neat and controlled as in the
VBA
world); but, if you are determined, here is one place you can start
(there
are 7 pages to the tutorial - look carefully as the page links do not
stand
out very well)...

http://www.informit.com/articles/art...66892&seqNum=1

Rick

"NateBuckley" wrote in message
Hello I'm just wondering if anyone has some good links to tutorials on
using
WinAPI calls, I've used some of them but I don't really understand
what's
going on. It'd be nice to work through some tutorials suited for VBA +
WinAPI.

Thanks for any information in advance.

Nate

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rick,
Same with me and I have the latest flash version (that's another story).
Right-clicking on the image and choosing view image results
in a not found error (404). Guess the images don't exist any longer.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)"

wrote in message
Are you able to see any of the pictures on any of the Tutorial pages? All I
see for them is a rectangle with a small red "X" in the upper-left corner.
Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

.... and I have the latest flash version (that's another story).

I'm having a problem with the latest Flash version (version 9) also. On
**some** web pages with Flash content, I'm told I have to load the latest
version (by the way, I do have the latest version loaded) and given a link
to it. Clicking on the link appears to load "something" and then a panel
begins animating telling me that the latest version loaded successfully.
Unfortunately, the original web page still won't run. Then, there are other
web pages using Flash content that run without any trouble. I tried all the
"fixes" that Adobe suggests to fix the problem, but none of them work...
there are still **some** web pages that I cannot view. Very frustrating.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rick,

The older versions of Flash cannot be fully removed by uninstalling them.
As I understand it, there are security issues with the older versions that are not
fully removed. You have to download a file from adobe... "uninstall_flash_player.exe"
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4157&sliceId=1
to fully remove them. Then install the new version (9.0.124.0).
I have no idea whether that has anything to do with your flash problems however.

Jim Cone

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)"