Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Possible to return values that equal set amount?

I have a string of dollar amounts and I am trying to see if there is a quick
way to find out what amounts will total a fixed number. For example, I have
a number of cells, and I want to see what cells will total $500,000.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi T,

Try Harlan Grove's FindSums routine:

http://tinyurl.com/5kvyrk

---
Regards.
Norman

"tdub" wrote in message
I have a string of dollar amounts and I am trying to see if there is a
quick
way to find out what amounts will total a fixed number. For example, I
have
a number of cells, and I want to see what cells will total $500,000.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I use Harlan Grove's code as posted by Norman but here is another
alternative...

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/te...olver_Template

--
HTH...