Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open two tiled windows on workbook_open

Good afternoon.

I'm creating a workbook that will automatically open two windows (one for
reference data that I don't want to scroll along with the other) to be used
by several users. The complicating factor is that each user will name
his/her copy differently, so I don't know in advance the name (s)he'll give
it. I've created a string variable called strWorkbookName, but can't figure
out how to get it into a variation of:

Windows("Book2:1").Activate

At least I think that's the right direction, and the statement with which
the problem lies. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim strWorkbookName As Workbook
Set strWorkbookName = "C:\My Documents\My File.xls"
'or
'Set strWorkbookName = Workbooks.Open("C:\My Documents\My File.xls")

strWorkbookName.Activate

Maybe this will help.

Alan