Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default French Words used as index

Hi all,

I have a sheet named "Bâtir Français", but when I refer to sheets("Bâtir
Français"), then I get subscription is out of range, it can not find the
sheet, even I use the same French letters

clara
--
thank you so much for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It works fine for me with a sheet with your name with my English setup.

Worksheets(1).Name = "Btir Français"
MsgBox Sheets("Btir Français").Name ' works

Are you sure you've got the name right, try this

Dim objSht as Object
For Each objSht In Sheets
Debug.Print objSht.Name
Next

Regards,
Peter T

"clara" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a sheet named "Btir Français", but when I refer to sheets("Btir
Français"), then I get subscription is out of range, it can not find the
sheet, even I use the same French letters

clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Clara,

Are you sure that you are allowing for
initial or trailing spaces i.e, that the
spelling is *identical*?

Using my UK English version, I had no
problem with:

'==========
Public Sub TestIt()
Dim SH As Worksheet

ActiveSheet.Name = "Bâtir Français"

Set SH = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Bâtir Français")

MsgBox SH.Index

End Sub
'<<==========

---
Regards.
Norman

"clara" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a sheet named "Bâtir Français", but when I refer to sheets("Bâtir
Français"), then I get subscription is out of range, it can not find the
sheet, even I use the same French letters

clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Peter,

Sorry! I could not see your reponse when
I penned my own!

---
Regards.
Norman