Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem comparing dates

I have frequent problems with dates in Excel.

I declared "dat" as a date so,
"dim dat as date"

I loaded it with a value from a column of dates in "tlSht" so,
"dat=tkSht.Cells(r, 1)"

I then tried to find the same date in a column of dates in "mst:Sht" so,
"Set c = mstSht.Columns("A").Find(what:=dat)"

The above works only if both date columns are formatted in the same date
format and that is not feasible in my situation. I also tried using a
"string" and "double" variable instead of "date", but neither worked.

Can someone set me straight with this problem? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try Somthing like this

Sub newone()

Dim dat As Date
Dim fnd As Range
Dim i As Variant

dat = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
Set fnd = Columns("B").Find(What:=dat) ' Change to your range
For Each i In fnd
If i = dat Then
MsgBox "I Found " & i '<--- Put whatever you want here
ElseIf i < Date Then
End If
Next i
End Sub

"Ed" wrote:

I have frequent problems with dates in Excel.

I declared "dat" as a date so,
"dim dat as date"

I loaded it with a value from a column of dates in "tlSht" so,
"dat=tkSht.Cells(r, 1)"

I then tried to find the same date in a column of dates in "mst:Sht" so,
"Set c = mstSht.Columns("A").Find(what:=dat)"

The above works only if both date columns are formatted in the same date
format and that is not feasible in my situation. I also tried using a
"string" and "double" variable instead of "date", but neither worked.

Can someone set me straight with this problem? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are all the dates formatted as dates? Not the same formatting, but any
date format?

Cliff Edwards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cliff,
That's correct - all are formatted as dates. In working with this problem it
appeared to me that they all needed to have the same date format in order to
work.