Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Office_Novice Office_Novice is offline

Default Problem comparing dates

Try Somthing like this

Sub newone()

Dim dat As Date
Dim fnd As Range
Dim i As Variant

dat = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
Set fnd = Columns("B").Find(What:=dat) ' Change to your range
For Each i In fnd
If i = dat Then
MsgBox "I Found " & i '<--- Put whatever you want here
ElseIf i < Date Then
End If
Next i
End Sub

"Ed" wrote:

I have frequent problems with dates in Excel.

I declared "dat" as a date so,
"dim dat as date"

I loaded it with a value from a column of dates in "tlSht" so,
"dat=tkSht.Cells(r, 1)"

I then tried to find the same date in a column of dates in "mst:Sht" so,
"Set c = mstSht.Columns("A").Find(what:=dat)"

The above works only if both date columns are formatted in the same date
format and that is not feasible in my situation. I also tried using a
"string" and "double" variable instead of "date", but neither worked.

Can someone set me straight with this problem? Thanks!