Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format font base on DirectDependent address

I can't find my bat much less get to first base. I generally can get at least
to 3rd base. Most of you have amazed me in what can be done in VBA
Here is what I like to do.
On sheet.€¯report€¯, I have a list of names (by formula =Data!L14 and so
forth). I want the font.colorIndex = 15 when the cell from the Data sheet
referenced in the formula (which is a formula to), offset one column to the
left, is empty.
If conditional formatting would span several sheets this would be easy. So I
have worked with SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas) to create a limited range
from cells on the Data sheet. With this range checking for an empty cell to
the left (which will at some point have an amount in them) and range
directdependent to ID the recipient of the formatting. I am getting nowhere.
Can you help?
Jim

--
Jim at Eagle