Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lookup Formular on Table

HI all.

Is there a formular that I can put in the last column " Last came"
that will look along the row for the last data entry that a Boy
attended and bring back the date on the top label?

So For example Harry's last attendance was in Jan-01, where as William
last came in Apr-01.

I have done this via a Macro but was hoping to use a formular instead.

You help is appreciated
Denz

Jan-01 Feb-01 Mar-01 Apr-01 May-01 Last Came
Tom 1 1 1 1 May-01
Harry 1 Jan-01
William 1 1 1 Apr-01
James 1 1 May-01
Peter 1 1 1 Mar-01

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

In G" enter
=INDEX($B$1:$F$1,MATCH(LOOKUP(99^99,B2:F2),B2:F2))
and copy down

--
Regards
Roger Govier

wrote in message
HI all.

Is there a formular that I can put in the last column " Last came"
that will look along the row for the last data entry that a Boy
attended and bring back the date on the top label?

So For example Harry's last attendance was in Jan-01, where as William
last came in Apr-01.

I have done this via a Macro but was hoping to use a formular instead.

You help is appreciated
Denz

Jan-01 Feb-01 Mar-01 Apr-01 May-01 Last Came
Tom 1 1 1 1 May-01
Harry 1 Jan-01
William 1 1 1 Apr-01
James 1 1 May-01
Peter 1 1 1 Mar-01

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 27 Apr, 12:05, "Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk
wrote:
That should have read
Enter in G2

wrote in message
HI all.

Is there a formular that I can put in the last column " Last came"
that will look along the row for the last data entry that a Boy
attended and bring back the date on the top label?

So For example Harry's last attendance was in Jan-01, where as William
last came in Apr-01.

I have done this via a Macro but was hoping to use a formular instead.

You help is appreciated
Denz

Jan-01 Feb-01 Mar-01 Apr-01 May-01 Last Came
Tom 1 1 1 1 May-01
Harry 1 Jan-01
William 1 1 1 Apr-01
James 1 1 May-01
Peter 1 1 1 Mar-01- Hide quoted text -

Roger You are a star - Thanks for saving me so much time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 15 May, 15:33, wrote:
On 27 Apr, 12:05, "Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk
wrote:

That should have read
Enter in G2

wrote in message
HI all.

Is there a formular that I can put in the last column " Last came"
that will look along the row for the last data entry that a Boy
attended and bring back the date on the top label?

So For example Harry's last attendance was in Jan-01, where as William
last came in Apr-01.

I have done this via a Macro but was hoping to use a formular instead..

You help is appreciated
Denz

Jan-01 Feb-01 Mar-01 Apr-01 May-01 Last Came
Tom 1 1 1 1 May-01
Harry 1 Jan-01
William 1 1 1 Apr-01
James 1 1 May-01
Peter 1 1 1 Mar-01- Hide quoted text -

Roger You are a star - Thanks for saving me so much time.- Hide quoted text -

Have encounterd a small problem
When I have numbers in March, blank in April and numbers in May it is
resulting in march rather than May?

* Jan-01 Feb-01 Mar-01 Apr-01 May-01 Last came
Tom 1 1 1 1 1 May-01
Harry 1 1 1 1 Mar-01
William 1 1 1 Mar-01
James 1 1 Mar-01
Peter 1 1 Apr-01

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try instead the array entered formula
{=MAX(ISNUMBER(B2:F2)*$B$1:$F$1)}

=MAX(ISNUMBER(B2:F2)*$B$1:$F$1) <=== Formula to be copied

To enter or amend an array formula, use Control+Shift+Enter (CSE), not just
Enter.
When you use CSE, Excel will insert the curly braces { } around the
formula.
Do not enter the braces yourself.
Copy the line I have pointed at, Paste it into the cell on your sheet and
use CSE
--
Regards
Roger Govier