Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with ScreenUpdating Property

I have this snippet of code in a large macro:

' Refresh screen
Sheets("Pivot Table").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Range("K18").Select
Range("K18").Value = CStr(UplRow - 1) + " of " + CStr(Num2Upload)
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Raw Data").Select

Sometimes the update of cell K18 stops but the macro completes. For example,
on one run the display update stopped at "133 of 1099". the next run it
stopped at "159 of 1099". In both cases the macro completed. Occassionally
the cell updates throughout the entire macro.

I completely closed Excel and reopened it but the symptoms did not change.

The operation of this property seems to be very inconsistent.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong ?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Further information:

It seems that if information in any cell (such as target file, group number,
etc.) is altered and then the macro is launched, the row count display will
update for a short time and then stop.

If I change the required information, save, close, and then reopen the
workbook the display update continues to completion of the macro.

Has anyone else experienced this "buggy" behavior ?????