Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default .ScreenUpdating Problem?

In this code, I use the .ScreenUpdating = False/True to
speed things up and to prevent flashing through worksheets
as the sub operates. I still get the "flashing" - very
fast screens of the last worksheet the user saved on. Is
there a way to prevent this?

Sub Auto_Open()
Dim ws As Worksheet

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayFullScreen = True
For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then
ws.Select
Application.GoTo ws.Range("A1"), True
ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
End If
Next

Worksheets("Customer").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 62
Worksheets("Financial").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 62
Worksheets("Learning and Growth").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 62
Worksheets("Internal Business Process").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 62
Worksheets("Scorecard").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 62 'Sizes the window to 62%

ThisWorkbook.Colors(7) = RGB(255, 124, 128)
Application.AutoPercentEntry = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Untested but try

Sub Auto_Open()
Dim ws As Worksheet

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayFullScreen = True
For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then
ws.DisplayGridlines = False
ws.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
End If
Next
Sheets(Array("Customer", "Financial","etc")).Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 60
Sheets("Customer").Select
ThisWorkbook.Colors(7) = RGB(255, 124, 128)
Application.AutoPercentEntry = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software