Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Points, pixels, in, and fonts

It's not a simple one,

Sizing is done in POINTS. A point being 1/72 inch if memory serves me right
but you'd best look it up. If you're looking for printed output where small
variances won't be such a big problem then you should be fine.

If you're looking for pixel-perfect screen results then you probably should
look at other methods because trying to do it in Excel will be a world of
pain. The conversion from that to pixels depends on various things such as:-
* What scale size the view is set to.
* A windows gdi+ function which handles the pt / px conversions. It's
usually safe to assume 96dpi (dots per inch) but the display driver may
provide other figures to be used for the calculation.
* The version of excel you're using (as the margins may be slightly diferent).

Ultimate answer is your mileage may vary.

"ranswrt" wrote:

Where can I get info on sizing rows and columns and font size in pixels and
points, etc?
Thanks