Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MS Internet Transfer Control

using Excel 2003, I am trying to test to see if a file exists on a Sharepoint
Website. I find out that FileExists doesn't work, and read about inet.
Problem is I can't find this reference in my copy of Excel. I also manually
went searching for the .dll or .ocx but found neither. The sheet will be used
by others with the same set-up as me so I cannot just DL the file as it would
fail for them. Besides using error catching (which hangs for 30 seconds if it
can't find the file) is there another method to test to see if the file
exists, or am I missing where the transfer control is located?

--
*********************
J Streger

User of MS Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"J Streger" wrote in message
using Excel 2003, I am trying to test to see if a file exists on a

Sharepoint
Website. I find out that FileExists doesn't work, and read about inet.
Problem is I can't find this reference in my copy of Excel. I also

manually
went searching for the .dll or .ocx but found neither. The sheet will be

used
by others with the same set-up as me so I cannot just DL the file as it

would
fail for them. Besides using error catching (which hangs for 30 seconds if

it
can't find the file) is there another method to test to see if the file
exists, or am I missing where the transfer control is located?

It's here on my machine
c:\windows\system32\msinet.ocx

--
roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately the company I work at has doesn't use a standrad install of the
OS, and so it seems they have decided that that particular .ocx file should
be left out. So it seems it is not an option, as I searched my entire
computer for the file with no luck.

--
J Streger

User of MS Office 2003