Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
roger roger is offline

Default MS Internet Transfer Control

"J Streger" wrote in message
using Excel 2003, I am trying to test to see if a file exists on a

Sharepoint
Website. I find out that FileExists doesn't work, and read about inet.
Problem is I can't find this reference in my copy of Excel. I also

manually
went searching for the .dll or .ocx but found neither. The sheet will be

used
by others with the same set-up as me so I cannot just DL the file as it

would
fail for them. Besides using error catching (which hangs for 30 seconds if

it
can't find the file) is there another method to test to see if the file
exists, or am I missing where the transfer control is located?

It's here on my machine
c:\windows\system32\msinet.ocx

--
roger