Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selection.Cut Selection.Offset(1, 0) HOW to understand this code

Dear All

I have a block marked. This below code drags the block down by one row
without inserting a row, so that I can enter new data. So far so good. What
I need to know is to understand the below code. I cud not find anything to
read on the below code.

Selection.Cut Selection.Offset(1, 0)

So can anyone explain this code line performance??

wrgds/captgnvr
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you were do this in the interactive mode you would have one or more cells
selected. The Cut is the same as Cut in the interactive mode.

Offset(1,0) means down one row and zero rows across. Therefore the code cuts
the selected data and pastes it one row down.

OssieMac

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:

Dear All

I have a block marked. This below code drags the block down by one row
without inserting a row, so that I can enter new data. So far so good. What
I need to know is to understand the below code. I cud not find anything to
read on the below code.

Selection.Cut Selection.Offset(1, 0)

So can anyone explain this code line performance??

wrgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selection.Cut Selection.Offset(1, 0) HOW to understand this

D/OSSIE

My main doubt is how this expression is pasting without pasting code

And where to find this sort of syntax selection.cut with a space
slection.offset

i looked around in help on 'selection', 'cut' and didt find anything.

brgds/captgnvr

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:

Dear All

I have a block marked. This below code drags the block down by one row
without inserting a row, so that I can enter new data. So far so good. What
I need to know is to understand the below code. I cud not find anything to
read on the below code.

Selection.Cut Selection.Offset(1, 0)

So can anyone explain this code line performance??

wrgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can't really help you further. I don't know the reason behind it.

The more you use Excel and these forums, the more things you will find for
which you cannot find documentation.

I have some 48 pages of little examples and explanations in a Word document.
While not all undocumented, some of the official documentation leaves
something to be desired.

OssieMac