Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Displaying active cell in particular position on screen

Hi,

I use a macro to select a cell. How can I make sure this cell is
positioned as the first cell outside of the frozen panes?

Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

By "outside of the frozen panes" I assume you mean the cell in top, left
position of the non-frozen area. If so, you can use this line of code to
select that cell...

Cells(ActiveWindow.SplitRow + 1, ActiveWindow.SplitColumn + 1).Select

Rick

"MJKelly" wrote in message

I use a macro to select a cell. How can I make sure this cell is
positioned as the first cell outside of the frozen panes?

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rick,

I don't want to select the cell just outside of the frozen pane area,
I want the selected cell (selected by a macro) to become the first
vieweable cell outside of the frozen pane area. In other words, I
want to have a given column of data to be shown and everything to the
left of this column to be hidden behind my frozen pane.

Hope this makes sense?
Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Set the ScollColumn property of the ActiveWindow to the column number you
want butted up against the frozen pane. For example...

ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = ActiveCell.Column

Rick

"MJKelly" wrote in message
Rick,

I don't want to select the cell just outside of the frozen pane area,
I want the selected cell (selected by a macro) to become the first
vieweable cell outside of the frozen pane area. In other words, I
want to have a given column of data to be shown and everything to the
left of this column to be hidden behind my frozen pane.

Hope this makes sense?
Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excellent.